This is my daily chat with #RunBlogRun viewers and track fans on all things track & field!
This is Coffee With Larry for Wednesday, May 17, 2023.
1. Sha’Carri Richardson and her win in Doha DL, a WL 100 meters! Sha’Carri Richardson takes the Women’s 100 meters in Doha DL with a tough field! https://www.runblogrun.com/…/shacarrie-richardson-takes…
Sha’Carri RICHARDSON wins Doha DL 100 meters, photo by MARISE NASSOUR FOR DIAMOND LEAGUE AG
2. The USATF LA Grand Prix-two athletes that the meet was built around, Sydney McLaughlin and Athing Mu have pulled out.
3. Both Mu and McLaughlin are coached by Bobby Kersee.
4. Several reports that Kersee and USATF are at odds over USATF using images to promote meet, but compensation not where Kersee believed it should be.
5. This is playing chicken with a major track meet and the success or failure of the season.
6. Why do we see so few promotions for the LA grand Prix? And how could USATF and Bobby Kersee let this happen?
7. NB Nationals, June 15-18, 2023, (sponsored), www.nbnationals.com.
8. Don’t miss the largest 10k in the world, www.atlantatrackclub.org/peachtree
9. Witness the Wonder stories for Days 1-29; check them out, https://www.runblogrun.com/…/witness-the-wonder-world…
10. NYC Grand Prix, June 24, 2023, https://nygp.globalathletics.com/
Devon Allen, 110m hurdles, photo by Kevin Morris
11. The Night of 10,000m PBs, is May 20, 2023, https://www.nightofthe10kpbs.com/
12. Rabat DL is on May 28, the meet will feature huge Men’s 100 meters, www.diamondleague.com.
13. Florence DL is on June 2, 2023; the meet will feature Marcell Jacobs, Fred Kerley and big Men’s 100m, besides some other fantastic events! www.diamondleague.com.