This is my daily chat with #RunBlogRun viewers and track fans on all things track & field!
This is #CoffeeWithLarry for Monday, October 30, 2023.
1. This is NYC Marathon week!
2. In its 51st year, the NYC Marathon continues to
3. First began in Central Park in 1970, the NYC Marathon was a loop course around Central Park.
4. Moved to Five Borough course in 1976, was only supposed to happen one year.
5. It just kept going.
6. The 51st NYC will be glorious. Great fields,
big fields and huge crowds.
7. The NCAA cross-country season is getting exciting.
8. RunnersWorld, my time in Mountain View (1981-1985)
9. Monday was the weekly department meeting headed by Publisher Bob Anderson.
10. I represented the advertising dept. We could not mention Runner magazine, a competitor to RW, founded by George Hirsch.
11. I did a monograph on Runner (40-50 pp). Now, see how much I did not get, but it got Bob Anderson to think about how to battle Runner. At the time, ignoring the magazine was not a good option.
12. More details to come.