This is Coffee with Larry, our daily podcast for RunBlogRun.
This is the podcast for Monday, July 3, 2023.
Our topics today:
1. The Bauhaus Stockholm Meeting was a rainy success on 2 July 2023.
2. The 1912 Olympic stadium hosted 12,500 fans who braved the rain, cold, and then, nice hot weather.
3. Akini Simbine won the 100m in the cold Swedish weather.
4. Darryl Netia won the 200m, taking the win away from fellow Briton Dina Asher-Smith.
5. Femke Bol ran another 400m hurdle race, setting an MR, running 52.76 in the cold of Scandinavia.
6. Mondo Duplantis cleared 6.05 meters and made 3 attempts, the last quite good at a new WR of 6.23m in the breezy, kind of cold day that developed in Stockholm.
7. During the 400m hurdles for men, several protesters were able to place themselves on the track, blocking athletes in lanes 6 down to 1.
8. It is incredulous that no security stopped these people protesting on the track.
9. While Karsten Warholm ran 47.58 in the cold, he did not have to dodge any protesters. He did express his distate with this situation.
#Coffee with Larry